How do I set up recurring payments?
Recurring payments can be set up when creating your collection. You can make any item recurring as it makes sense for your needs. A recurring payment item is a payment that comes with a schedule. A payer can pay for this item once and then have future payments (based on the schedule/frequency happen automatically behind the scenes). Here are the steps to creating a recurring item:
- When in the collection builder, on the "Items" step, click "Add Item".
- Give your item a name and decide whether your item will have an exact amount, or whether the payer will be able to decide on the amount (any amount)).
- Click the "Enable recurring payments for this item" checkbox to reveal the different options for configuring your recurring item (NOTE: You will need to upgrade to the TEAM plan to use recurring payments).
- Next, select the recurring payment terms:
- When the series should start (either the first day of the payment or on a specific date in the future)
- Frequency of the payments (every X of months or weeks)
- When the series should end (after X number of payments or never)
- Complete any additional item specifics and click "Save". Now you have an item that is ready to accept recurring payments.
Check out some example collections that use recurring payments here.