1. Applicability of Policy. This policy applies to information we collect: on this Website; in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website; through any mobile and desktop applications created by Cheddar Up.
2. Exclusions from Policy. This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including information collected on any other website operated by Cheddar Up or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries). The policy also does not apply to any information collected through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website]
3. Types of Information Collected. The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve our offerings and your experience with Cheddar Up, such as by customizing content (including advertising content), responding to e-mail requests, and communicating with you. We gather two basic types of information: “Personally Identifiable Information” that can identify a person as an individual (e.g., name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address) and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information,” which may include aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses, and any other information that does not necessarily reveal a person’s specific identity. Within those two broad categories, we gather information as follows.
1. Information You Provide to Us. We may receive and store any information you enter on our Website or provide to us in any way. This may include information you provide in your profile or registration, information that you provide when filling in forms on our Website, or any other information that you provide to us; this may include your first and last name, nickname, e-mail address, mailing address, password, telephone number, date of birth, organization name, or organization type. You may also provide us information when: ordering a product or service (and this may include your credit card and related information), entering a contest or sweepstake, filling out a survey, posting a review or comment, providing feedback, requesting information, corresponding with us, sending messages, posting materials, performing searches, or requesting further services. Some or all of the functionality contemplated in the preceding sentence may or may not be available at any given time. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may prevent you from: participating in or using the activity or service (e.g., e-mail alerts), posting comments to our Website, creating a user profile, performing searches or queries, sending messages, purchasing products or services, or communicating with us.
4. Web Beacons, etc. In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies like web beacons and pixel tags to track your use of our Website pages and promotions, or we may allow our Third-Party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. Web beacons and pixel tags are small electronic files (also sometimes referred to “clear gifs” and and “single-pixel gifs”) placed on websites or in e-mails that indicate whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an e-mail, a web beacon or pixel tag may generate a notice of that action. Web beacons and pixel tags may provide information about visitor traffic and behavior on our Website and provide a way to measure the effectiveness of any marketing or promotions. We may also utilize web beacons and pixel tags provided by our affiliated businesses for the same purposes.
5. Automatic Information. We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites and as addressed above, we may use “cookies,” and we may automatically collect certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Website or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of us on other sites. This may include information about your operating system and browser, sites accessed before accessing our Website, websites accessed after leaving our Website, your IP address, information about your Internet connection, pages you requested, preferences, and history. Generally, our Website may automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Website and its components.
6. E-mail Communications. We may receive confirmation via HTML code when you open an e-mail from us. We may use that information to measure the effectiveness of our Website and offerings and reduce or eliminate duplicate e-mails. If you no longer wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, please unsubscribe or change your profile settings. Even if you opt-out of promotional e-mails, however, we may continue to send you any necessary administrative or transactional e-mails, such as those regarding purchase transactions.
7. Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information to help personalize our offerings.
4. Uses of Personally-Identifiable Information. We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information in the following ways:
1. To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices, and otherwise contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you.
2. To provide you with information, services, or products that you request from us.
3. To present the contents of our Website to you, analyze Website use, troubleshoot our Website, and enhance the operation of the Website.
4. To troubleshoot our products and services.
5. To improve our marketing and promotional efforts.
6. To administer sweepstakes and contests.
7. To enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences and measure the effectiveness of those advertisements. (Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.)
8. To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
9. To cooperate with governmental agencies and otherwise comply with applicable law.
10. To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
11. To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or to which you consent.
5. Use of Non-Personally-Identifiable Information. In addition to any of the uses identified for Personally-Identifiable Information, we may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to: gather demographic and preference information. We may also share this information with our authorized affiliated businesses and advertisers for these purposes. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for advertisers.
6. Sharing of Information that Cheddar Up Receives. We neither rent nor sell your Personally Identifiable Information to anyone. We share such personal information only as follows.
1. Third-Party Businesses. We may affiliate with a variety of businesses and provide or promote products jointly with those affiliated businesses or allow those third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
2. Agents/Third-Party Service Providers. We may engage contractors to support our business (“Third-Party Service Providers”). The Third-Party Service Providers may assist us by sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, performing surveys, tracking clicks, analyzing data, performing legal, accounting, and other administrative functions and website operations, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. We may also provide your personal information to agents who will use it to verify aggregate usage data that we provide to our affiliated businesses. These agents are not to use your information for any other purposes.
3. Promotional Offers. We may send you offers on behalf of other businesses. But when we do so, we will not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com.
5. Discussion Forums, Blogs, Comments, and User-Generated Content. The information you provide us in connection with your user profile and any content you post to the Website may be used to facilitate and provide your requested services within the Website or your requested services through other websites (such as if you request our assistance with any affiliated businesses). Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in blogs, comments, messages, and chat areas, and within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by us and others; such information may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public.
6. Communication About the Website or in Response to Your Requests. As part of the Website and our services, you may receive e-mail and other communications relating to your use of the Website or your user account. You acknowledge and agree that by posting information on the Website or otherwise using the Website, we and our agents may send you e-mail or otherwise contact you as we determine necessary in our sole discretion related to your use of the Website. We may use your e-mail address to send updates, a newsletter, or other news regarding the Website or our offerings.
7. Business Transfers. In some cases, we may engage in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Cheddar Up’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets transferred, and you consent to that transfer as well as the successor entity’s continued use of your information as provided in this Policy. We may also disclose your information to our subsidiaries, a parent company, or other entities under common control with us.
9. With Your Consent. We may share your information with your consent or to fulfill the purpose for which you provided it.
10. Aggregate Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
11. Court Orders or Legal Process. We may share information to comply with any court order, law or legal process, or as we deem necessary to respond to any government or regulatory request.
7. User Choices on Collection and Use of Information. You can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our Website.
1. How Do I Opt Out, What Information Can I Access, and What Can I Delete? You can access your personal information on our Website and correct, amend, or delete information in your registration profile. To do this, login to your account (www.cheddarup.com/login) and click “Preferences” to view and edit your profile. Please note that you may not be able to remove certain administrative data, such as previous payment and transaction history, any friends you’ve referred, and certain other information may remain in our records even after editing or deleting your account information. If you would like us to stop tracking such data, please unsubscribe to the service, by logging in and deleting your account from the Website.
2. Deletion of Account. You may request deletion of your Cheddar Up account by logging into your account, clicking on “Preferences” and selecting “Delete User.” But as noted above, even after your account has been disabled, information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
8. Security of Information. We take security seriously and take numerous precautions to protect the security of Personally Identifiable Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information on our Website through a password and your e-mail address. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. Certain sensitive information, such as purchase and credit card information for purchases made through our site, is transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to help ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is safe as it is transmitted to us. We try to protect user information so that the user account information is kept private, but no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and other factors may undermine the security of your information, including unauthorized use or entry, hardware or software failures, and other factors. Accordingly, while we employ reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to affiliate with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of account information transmitted to or from the Website, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information. For more information about the security measures we use in connection with the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Does the Website Collect Information from Children Under 18? Our Website and our offerings are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow persons under 18 to register. If you are under 18, you are prohibited from using or providing any information on or through this Website, engaging in any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or providing any information about yourself to us; please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, any screen name or user name you may use, or e-mail address. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Attn: Privacy Officer
2696 S. Colorado Blvd., Unit 270
Denver, CO 80222
Should you contact us by any of the above means, please provide sufficient information for us to identify your account. Your privacy is important to use, and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns as soon as reasonably possible.
Effective Date: March 31, 2015