If an organizer (or account owner) has invited you to become a manager on their Cheddar Up account, this is what you can expect.
Accept a manager invite
If you’ve been invited to become a manager, follow these steps to activate your manager role:
- Look for an email in your inbox with the subject line of: [Organizer name] invited you to join them on Cheddar Up.
- Open the email and click the orange “Accept Invitation” button.
- You'll be taken to the the Cheddar Up sign up page. If you don't already have a Cheddar Up account, create one here. If you already have a Cheddar Up account, click "Log in" and enter your login information.
- Next, you’ll see a window that prompts you to accept your manager invitation. Click the orange “Accept Invitation” button.
- Then, you’ll arrive at the My Collections page.
- Depending on what permissions you’ve been granted, you may automatically see and have access to edit and manage one or multiple collections.
See it in action:
Depending upon the permissions you’ve been granted, you may be able to create collections on behalf of the organizer account in which you are a manager. Here are the steps to do so:
- From “My Collections”, click the orange “Create” button.
- You’ll see a drop-down menu that asks you whether you want to create the collection under your personal name or the name of the organizer.
- Select the organizer name.
- Create your collection.
Need to do or see more? If so, we recommend talking to the organizer (account owner) and asking them to update your permissions.
This depends. If you’re only using your Cheddar Up account in a manager role, you do not need to worry about updating your account settings, because you will never be withdrawing money from the platform. If, however, you plan to personally use your Cheddar Up account to collect from groups (not as part of the organization that invited you to be a manager), then you would need to update your profile.