Paying and signing up for things on Cheddar Up is super easy. Here's what payers need to know.
Where to go to pay
For privacy reasons, it’s not possible to search on Cheddar Up to find your group’s collection. Instead, the organizer of your group will need to share a specific URL with you. If you were just told to "pay on Cheddar Up", you'll want to go back to your group organizer and ask for the link.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE:
It's easy - no account or app needed
Paying on Cheddar Up is easy. It’s one reason why Cheddar Up is uniquely perfect for collecting payments and information from groups. With Cheddar Up:
- You don't need to create an account.
- You don't need to download an app.
- You don't need to remember any login credentials.
Just “click and pay”...for anything. Friction-free payment - that’s our goal!
See it in action:
Steps to pay
Once you receive collection link, take the following steps to make a payment:
- Click the link or enter the URL into your web browser (on desktop or mobile).
- Add items to your cart, and/or answer any item-related questions (if applicable).
- Click “continue” or “checkout” on the cart fly-down in the upper right corner.
- Fill out any required forms, sign ups or waivers (if applicable).
- Choose your payment method, and enter your payment information.
- You’re done! Look for a detailed email receipt in your inbox shortly.
Our goal is for group organizers to always be able to use the platform at zero expense. That’s why transactional fees are passed on to the payer by default. But as a payer, you’re in control and you have options! One of them being “free” and another being a flat $0.59. Go here to learn more about fees.
Where to go with questions
If you have a question about something related to what you paid for or are trying to pay for (e.g., “I ordered the wrong size”, “I missed the deadline!”, “I haven’t received my sweatshirt yet”, etc.), make sure you contact the organizer. In cases like this, the Cheddar Up Support team will not be able to answer these questions. Contact the organizer by using the “contact” link on the collection.
You can pay from any device (laptop, mobile phone, ipad, etc.).
You also do not need to download an app in order to pay. Cheddar Up's mobile apps are created for group organizers (the person who created the collection) to create and manage their collections and to use to accept in-person (point-of-sale) payments. Payers do not need to download an app, and actually cannot make a payment using our mobile app. Again...just “click and pay”.
If you have a Cheddar Up account, you can also see payments you've made to others by logging into your account and clicking on Payment History, accessible on the teal left navigation on your Collections Dashboard.