Item variations allow organizers to create items with slight variations (e.g., size, color, material, etc), with the ability to give each item variation a unique price, quantity, photo and/or SKU, all within one item. Item variations is a Pro feature.
Add variations to an item
Item variations can be enabled when creating an item, following these steps:
- Within Build > Items, click “Add Item”.
- On the “Add Item” window, toggle on “Add variations”.
- Create an “option name” (i.e., “Size”).
- Create “option values” (i.e., small, medium, large, etc.), hitting return between each entry.
- As you add option names and values, your item variations will populate a table with new required fields for the organizer to complete, including “price” and “quantity”. Complete these required fields, either manually, or by using the bulk-action checkbox and drop-down menu, directly above the table.
- Click “Save”.
See it in action:
If organizers have both categories and items variations on a collection, they can enable special filter options that allow their payers to filter items by both category and item variant (e.g., quickly see available “t-shirts” in size “small”, etc.). Learn more here.
Currently, the quantity field is required for all item variations. If yours does not have a limited quantity, we recommend entering a very high number (such as 1,000) so you can use this feature without having to worry about your payers running into any limits.