Recurring items let organizers collect payments toward something over a period of time based on a set schedule or frequency. Recurring items are often used for things such as membership dues, rent, installment fees, donations, etc. Recurring payments is a Team feature.
Recurring payment settings
Organizers can configure the following settings when creating a recurring item:
- Amount charged
each payment period:
- This can be an exact amount decided by the organizer or left as an open amount for the payer to decide.
- Payment frequency:
- This powers the schedule in which recurring payments occur. It can be set in weeks or months.
- Date of first payment:
- This can be the first day of payment or a specific future day of the month.
- Date payments end:
- This can be “never” or after X number of payments.
Organizers can set these options when creating a recurring item.
Create a recurring item
To create a recurring item, organizers should do the following:
- From Build > Items, click “Add Item”.
- Give the item a name, and select “Recurring Amount”.
- Configure the recurring item based on the settings noted above.
- Click “Save Item”.
See it in action:
If a recurring payment fails, you can fix the issue and try it again. Go here to learn more about retrying a failed recurring payment method.