Once you create a manager, you can assign them permissions to control what they can do and see on your Cheddar Up account.
When creating a manager, the account owner can select one of three roles detailed below. The account owner can also determine whether the manager has access to “All Collections” or just “Specific Collections”:
- Viewer: Viewers can view and download collection reporting, record payments, and issue refunds. Viewers cannot edit collections or access collection share information. If given access to “All Collections”, Viewers can also view the account’s Report Center. Viewers do not have the ability to view the account’s Group Page, Address Book or Message Center.
- Editor: Editors have the same permissions as Viewers, in addition to the ability to create and edit collections. If given access to “All Collections”, Editors can also access the account’s Report Center. Account owners also have the option of giving Editors access to the account’s Group Page, Address Book and Message Center.
- Administrator: Administrators have the same permissions as Editors, in addition to the ability to withdraw funds. Administrators also receive withdrawal notifications, which provides a second level of oversight for your group. If given access to “All Collections”, Administrators can also access the account’s Report Center. Account owners also have the option of giving Administrators access to the account’s Group Page, Address Book and Message Center.
You can delete managers or update manager permissions at any time by going to Collections Dashboard > Managers.
Managers can never see bank account information on an organizer (owner) account. Learn more here about the key concepts of managers.
Control who receives collection inquiries and confirmation emails
On each collection, payers have an option to “Contact the organizer” with any questions. The manager feature gives organizers the option to have collection inquiries go to someone other than themselves. This can save you from having to forward emails and prevent you from missing emails if they land in a general inbox that's not regularly monitored.
To customize who receives email inquiries related to specific collections, do the following:
- Go to Build > Settings > Managers.
- Use the “Main Contact” drop-down menu and select the manager who should receive the inquiries.
If a manager would like to receive all payment confirmation emails related to collections they manage, they can enable these emails by toggling to view their Personal Account, and then going to My Account > Notifications. From that view, they should simply check the checkbox that says “Payment Notifications (Display Name for their Managed Account)”.
See it in action: