Enable two-factor authentication
During account setup, you will be prompted to set up two-factor authentication, and you will be required to enable it prior to adding a bank account for withdrawal. If you do not set up two-factor authentication during account setup, you can do wo within My Account, by taking the following steps:
- Go to My Account > Security.
- Enter your phone number and click either the "Text Message" or "Phone Call" button depending on how you prefer to receive your verification code.
- Once you receive your code, enter the code in the provided fields and click "Save and Continue".
- Next you'll see a window sharing your back-up security code. Be sure to copy or download this code and save it somewhere securely, in case you need it to reset your two-factor authentication in the future.
- Check the box confirming you have saved your back-up security code and click "Save".
When two-factor authentication will be required
Once two-factor authentication is enabled, upon taking certain actions on your account, the platform will ask for a code that's sent to your mobile device.
Actions that require two-factor authentication include:
- Change of password
- Change of email address
- Adding a bank account for withdrawal
- Transfer of account ownership
Upon enabling two-factor authentication on your account, we will share with you a back-up security code. It's very important to securely save this code. This code will be needed if you ever need to reset your two-factor authentication in the rare instance that you no longer have access to your mobile phone.
If you have a new number for your mobile device, you can reset the two-factor authentication number on your Cheddar Up account by entering your password in addition to confirming the code sent to the existing number on file. Alternatively, you can use the one-time back-up security code that was provided to you when you first added your mobile number.