Enable two-factor authentication
Two-factor authentication must be enabled when collecting on Cheddar Up. Take the following steps to enable two-factor authentication:
- Go to My Account > Profile.
- Toward the bottom of the page, enter your mobile phone number and click "Confirm".
- You will receive a code on the mobile device that you entered. Once received, enter the code in the pop-up window when prompted, and click "Continue".
- Next you'll see a window sharing your back-up security code. Be sure to save this code somewhere securely, in case you need it to reset your two-factor authentication in the future.
When two-factor authentication will be required
Once two-factor authentication is enabled, upon taking certain actions on your account, the platform will ask for a code that's sent to your mobile device.
Actions that require two-factor authentication include:
- Change of password
- Change of email address
- Adding a bank account for withdrawal
- Transfer of account ownership
Upon enabling two-factor authentication on your account, we will share with you a back-up security code. It's very important to securely save this code. This code will be needed if you ever need to reset your two-factor authentication in the rare instance that you no longer have access to your mobile phone.
If you have a new number for your mobile device, you can reset the two-factor authentication number on your Cheddar Up account by entering your password in addition to confirming the code sent to the existing number on file. Alternatively, you can use the one-time back-up security code that was provided to you when you first added your mobile number.