With so many volunteers using the Cheddar Up platform, the need to transfer a Cheddar Up account from one amazing volunteer to another is not uncommon. We do our best to make it as easy as possible.
Important things to know about transferring your account
- Only "Organization" account types can transfer their accounts to a new owner.
- You must withdraw all collected funds prior to transferring your account.
- When you transfer an account, your current organizational details (organization name, tax ID, etc.) and login credentials will remain intact.
- Future payments and/or withdrawals may be disabled until the new account owner enters their personal information on the account.
- Two-factor authentication must be reset when initiating the account transfer. This means that you will need to have access to the current device used for two-factor authentication on your account.
Steps to transfer account ownership
If you have an "Organization" account type, and you would like to transfer your account to a new account owner, take the following steps:
- From My Account > Account Details, click on the blue “Transfer Account” button. If you do not see this button, you either have an "Individual" account, or your account has not yet been verified and you can still make adjustments to it without needed to do an account transfer.
- Follow the prompts to reset your two-factor authentication.
- Enter the name and email address of the new account holder.
Once this is complete, the new account owner can log into the account and enter their personal details as the new account owner. If the new account owner would like to change either the email address or password on the account, they will be able to do this after they enter their personal details.