You’ve created a collection, shared it with your group, and now payments are starting to roll in. Here, we'll show you how to view and track payments and information from your Manage view.
View your payments
The Manage view lists payments in chronological order with the most recent payment appearing at the top of the list.
- View online: To view information about an individual payment, click the three dots to the right of the payment. Select “Order Summary” and you’ll see all information about that payment including any form responses.
- View offline: To view all payment data in one report, click on one of two options within the "Reports" box to the right of the payment table. Here you'll find a "Collection Summary" spreadsheet report or a "Printable Payment Summaries" pdf report.
See some of these options in the image below:
View question responses and sign ups
You can view item and form question responses (and sign ups) via one of the downloadable reports mentioned above, or by viewing filtered response data online. Take the following steps to view item responses online:
- From the Manage view, click on the "Items" tab to view the Items table.
- Next click the item name to drill down to see a report of who bought this item.
- If any of the items on your collection have item questions, you'll see a toggle at the top that will allow you to toggle to view "Responses".
- Then select whether you want to view responses "by questions" or "by payer".
- Once those selections are made, you'll see data generate below the drop downs that shows all corresponding detail about responses to that specific item. You can proceed to do this for different items as necessary.
Once you've generated response data, you have options to download all response information for that item, or you can also download reports for one specific payer or question (depending upon which attribute you've chosen to view). For multiple-choice and check-box questions, in addition to showing a table of data, a chart is also generated that gives you a powerful, at-a-glance visual of all responses for each question option. You will take these same steps to view Form Responses and Sign Ups, only you will start from the respective tab on the Manage view instead of starting on the "Items" tab.
See it in action:
The "Record Order" feature allows organizers to record payments on behalf of payers. This is a great feature for adding cash or check payments or for entering a credit card payment taken over the phone. Follow these steps to record a payment:
- From the Manage view, click the "Record Order" button. This opens your collection so you can make the appropriate selections and fill in any required information for the payer.
- On the first view, provide an optional email address. If you don't enter an email, the platform will insert a generic “manually entered” email as a placeholder, and the payer will not receive a payment confirmation.
- On the collection, add the appropriate item(s) and complete any required fields on behalf of the payer.
- At checkout, you'll be able to select from credit card or cash/check payment methods (if you've enabled echeck on this collection, this will also be an option).
All recorded orders should be made with a unique email address, because the email address is the unique identifier on the Cheddar Up platform. If the same email address is used for multiple payments, payer name will not be recorded appropriately. Instead, all recorded payments will take on the same payer name, which can be problematic for reporting.
A "pending" credit card payment, while not yet available for withdrawal, is indeed successful. Those funds are just making their way to your Cheddar Up account. In contrast, a "pending" echeck payment should not be considered successful until it is in a "cleared" status. Unlike credit cards, echecks do not fail immediately, and it can take several days before you're notified that an echeck fails.