Organizers can issue refunds or partial refunds to payers from the Manage view of their collection.
Here are a few important points related to refunds:
- Refunds must be made within 90 days of the original payment date.
- All payments must clear before they can be refunded.
- Payment processing fees are also refunded.
- There must be sufficient funds in the specific collection in which you would like to make a refund.
Steps to issue a refund
Take the following steps to issue a payer a refund:
- From Build > Manage, click the blue arrow to the right of the payer’s name and select "Refund" from the drop-down menu.
- Select the quantity that needs to be refunded for each item that needs to be refunded. Once you select the quantity, it will automatically increase the amount to be refunded.
- Shipping, taxes and partial refunds must be entered manually in the "Additional Refund" field.
- Verify the amounts to be sure they are correct, because a refund cannot be undone.
- Click "Refund".
- Upon making a refund, Cheddar Up will automatically send a refund confirmation email to both the payer and the organizer.
- The refunded amount make take up to 5-10 business days to be credited to the payers original payment source.
See it in action: