Organizers can issue refunds or partial refunds to payers from the Manage view of their collection.
Here are a few important points related to refunds:
- All payments must clear before they can be refunded.
- Transaction fees are refunded on payments made and refunded within 30 days.
- Refunds on echecks must be made within 90 days of the original payment date.
- There must be sufficient funds in a collection to make a refund.
- We encourage you to learn more about Cheddar Up's Refund Policy.
- From Build > Manage, click the three dots to the right of the payer’s name and select "Refunds" from the drop-down menu.
- Select the quantity that needs to be refunded for each item that needs to be refunded. Once you select the quantity, it will automatically increase the amount to be refunded.
- Shipping, taxes and partial refunds must be entered manually in the "Additional Refund" field.
- Verify the amounts to be sure they are correct, because a refund cannot be undone.
- Click "Refund".
- Upon making a refund, Cheddar Up will automatically send a refund confirmation email to both the payer and the organizer.
- The refunded amount make take up to 5-10 business days to be credited to the payers original payment source.
See it in action:
If you have a US-currency account and you've already withdrawn all funds on your collection, you can do this by first "funding" your collection. Funding a collection allows you to add a balance to a collection by making a bank transfer (echeck) payment. It can take 3-5 business days for your funding payment to clear. Once it clears, you'll have funds available on your collection in order to initiate a refund. You can fund your collection by going to Manage > Balance Summary and clicking on "Fund Collection" on the left.
Organizers can issue partial refunds on payments by refunding only one of several items or by refunding only a partial dollar amount. To issue a partial dollar amount refund, follow these steps:
- Click the three dots to the right of the payer's name and select the "Refund" button.
- On the next view, use the "Additional Refund" field to enter in the specific amount of the partial refund.
- A refund confirmation email will be sent to the payer and to the organizer. It typically takes 5-10 business days for a refund to be reflected on a payer's credit card.